Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Any advice on how to get over someone?

I was really in love with this guy for years and he said he would never marry me. Though we are having a daughter in June. I want to give up and walk away but I know its going to be hard. We currently live together, so after he leaves what can i expect? what can I do to get over it easier? I know it will be heartwrenching but marriage is important to me. it makes me feel unwanted that he feels this way, so i am ending it.Any advice on how to get over someone?
Well, I have had several failed relationships. My deepest desire for many years was to just be a wife: that was all I wanted. I wanted a husband to honor me and cherish me. Someone who would lay down his life for me and be completely committed to be with me, forever. I do believe it is possible, but, I'm not sure that it's what I need right now.





It took me years to get over one guy. Even though he was abusive to me, disrespected me and eventually won custody of our two children, I still thought, for many years, that I really loved him. It took a long time to realize that he had no love for me. His motivation was not about real love: it was control.





If your dream is to one day be married and in a committed relationship, then you are really selling yourself short to stick with this guy, when he clearly states he won't marry you. He is showing you that he has little, or no respect for you. Even after you are now having his child, he is still not going to change and become committed to you. Seems to me, you are setting yourself up for a long heartache!





I am working to understand myself and my relationship choices. I read, ';Women who Love Too much'; and it was a real eye opener! I got divorced about a year and half ago. I would say, I'm still not ';over'; my ex. But, I am happy with myself and know that my life is now better off without him. It does help, I think, that I have the kids to care for. They sure keep me from being lonely! LOL





Work to see your worth in yourself! Find something that you can be passionate about and DO IT! Make some goals for your future: dream and plan. You CAN be a whole person. Many have some idea that we are less than whole if we are not part of a couple. This is not correct. You are a whole, special person, with individual abilities and talents. Find those things that fuel your creativity, sooth your spirit and give you a sense of accomplishment.





Instead of focusing on all the things about my past relationships I didn't want, I began to make a list of those things I WOULD have in my next relationship. I want to keep my mind on my goals and dreams. And my vision can become reality with my good choices. You are not a victim of this circumstance and your ex. You can make a better future for yourself and your baby!





Good luck and take good care. Remember to drink plenty of water too! ; )





RAny advice on how to get over someone?
i think the best think you can do is talk to him and tell him exactly what your asking/telling here. communication is the best thing in a relationship, t think. and space is always good and hang out withfriends or family.
you can't get over a guy until you love another guy.
its just gonna take time
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment