Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Any advice on how to beat my lack of motivation/procrastination/sla鈥?problem?

Basically I'm afraid that I will lose my job because for the past several months I've pretty much showed up and browsed the web all day. I dread the end of the week when I have to put in my time and explain what I did... The guilt is tremendous.


I'm a ';Developer';, as in application/database developer, and I can do pretty good at writing applications, but lately I've gotten a few tasks to create some reports and I just simply don't know how to do them. I don't understand the business side of it at all and I don't give a crap about that stuff anymore.


Adding to my depression is the fact that I've lost most of my hearing due to meniere's disease in the last 10 years ( and I've been a musician for about 30 yrs). Also my memory and concentration seem affected (not a good thing in programming). I feel totally stuck. I live on an island, so there's not much work and the pay is just barely enough to stay afloat. I have a family to support so there's no way I can quit.Any advice on how to beat my lack of motivation/procrastination/sla鈥?problem?
I know how you feel. I work in an office too and you are right sometimes it is not very interesting or motivating.


You say you are depressed and you do sound like you are. There is help for that. If you see a doctor about your depression , hearing loss and try to find some way in your life to have fun again things will get better.Any advice on how to beat my lack of motivation/procrastination/sla鈥?problem?
I've lost much of my hearing in my left ear, so I understand that. You could always reach out to others via the web. Start your own website. That's what I did. You'll gain more motivation once you start doing something.





Look at my site. If you want to do something like that yourself, just read the ';My Passion'; page.
Chances are, your boss has similar worries.
thats really sad. depending on where you live...you should try finding another job while keeping the same one you have now. you can try to stick to two jobs at once. or maybe become famous with writing music since you're a musician.
It sounds like you may have depression. Get it checked out by your doctor. Maybe change your job?
I sympathize with you and I'm sure a lot of other people do too. I suggest meditation. 20 min/day, every day, find a quiet place, relax, breathe deeply, and keep your mind clear. When thoughts push in, push them back out. It's difficult at first but you will get better at it. It will help with your guilt, concentration, memory, low mood, and procrastination, and probably fix other aspects of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment